This page contains statistics about the historical trends related to patent
From this data, it can be seen that:
- Innovation patents are processed much faster than standard patents
- The average standard patent processing time is 4.09 years
- The category of patent with the fastest processing time is ELEC 3 - Computing, with an average time of 3.50 years.
- The category of patent with the longest processing time is CHEM 1 - Biotechnology
- Patents in the first half of the year are slightly faster than patents in the second half of the year